Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Team 5 Leadership week!

Last week the Yr 8's went away to have a leadership camp while the year 7's had a step-up program. I'm a year 8 but I didn't go to camp, instead I stayed back and joined in with the yr 7 step-up program.

It was really fun seeing all the year 7's step up and lead the school while the year 8's were away. There were a couple other year 8's that stayed back too and we were split up throughout the 3 different groups. I was in Team Thunder, the winning team. Instead of getting points for winning games and things like that we got it for working together and supporting each other.

My favourite activity was doing things with Mrs Ilaoa we did cup-stacking and at cookies off our faces and we wrote about things we want to do in the future. I also really enjoyed the shared lunch on the last day we had a table full of chips!

My highlight was seeing all the year 7's come up with a korero and be prefects while the yr 8 prefects were away. They were all very cool and the korero they chose was also very good. WELLDONE YEAR 7's!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    I am so happy you were able to recognise the strength in others, this is a leadership quality as well! What other activities did you enjoy?

    ReplyDelete