Pages

Friday 21 August 2020

Drogon The Great!

Hades paced back and forth. Shadows danced in the darkness across his gloomily lit palace in the underworld. He'd taken control of the underworld soon after him and his brother had overthrown Cronus, their father.

'Where is she? It's been hours since I'd last seen her' he stated not slowing his pacing.

'Hades calm down she will turn up sooner or later' Zeus said taking a seat on his brother's throne of skeletons.

'How can I not, she's my wife and along with that your daughter' Hades exclaimed, stopping to look at his brother this time.

There was a moment of silence when Zeus spoke 'Give it an hour or two and then we shall go out looking for her'. He snapped his fingers and several guards opened the doors that led from the throne room to the courtyard.

Hades and Zeus both walked out into the courtyard, only to see a gargantuan beast. ' You know me brother; I always come bearing gifts this is yours too keep. He's been banished here for the various sins he's committed back on earth.'

'I see, well I guess he could stay here, take him to the dungeons I'll deal with him later' Hades said waving his hands signalling to the guards.

'My work is done here, see you soon brother' Zeus left Hades disappearing further into the horizon.

Hades sat down in his throne massaging his temple in frustration. 'Where is she!' he asked aloud.

'Theseus and Pirithous' a voice said. It was a husky voice just merely above a whisper. Hades followed the voice, it seemed to be coming from the dungeons.

The poor creature lay there almost lifelessly. Blood stained various parts of its body and there was fire part of the collateral damage. There were chains keeping the dragon bound to the dungeons. 'Theseus and Pirithous' it said again.

'what about those scoundrels?' Hades questioned

'The-they've t-taken... Persephone' it slowly whispered. The dragon's eyes were slowly closing. Hades took pity on the creature, allowing it the freedom to rome the underworld.

'Will you please help me find and rescue my wife' Hades questions hesitantly.

'I-I can t-try' The dragon stuttered. Hades unchained the dragon, put out the fire and attended to it's wounds. He gave it food and water; bits and pieces that were lying around in the castle. 

When the dragon was ready, they set out together a dynamic duo, off to save the lovely Persephone. They flew to Athens, Greece. Home to many greek gods and goddesses. 

When Zeus grew aware that Hades was in Athens he took it upon himself to see why. ‘ Brother it’s not like you to be here, is there something wrong’

‘Theseus and Pirithous, the punks that stole my wife’ Hades said, they’ve got another thing coming. He stroked the dragon that claims his name was Drogon.

Zeus let out a chuckle ‘shall I join you brother?’ he questioned. Hades shrugged and together the three of them were off to save Persephone. They headed to Theseus and Pirithous lair in which they were most likely hiding Hades’s wife.

They made a grand entrance, raiding every corner of the castle. They found Theseus and Pirithous talking to Persephone. ‘Release my wife our be banished to the fiery pits of the underworld’ Hades stated sounding very much heroic.

Theseus and Pirithous refused instead choosing to run. They dashed aways from their hideout much too quickly to catch them. Drogon on the other hand had another idea. He flew overhead and released fire on the two scoundrels. 

‘Hades, Thank you!’ Persephone said. ‘I had been picking flowers on Earth when the two snuck up on me and kidnapped me’ She explained brushing off the dirt from her dress and hair.

‘Well that’s the last of them’ Zeus said ‘I’ll take care of them here in Athens, you two go ahead home’ Zeus signaled for Drogon to take flight. 


Hades Persephone and Drogon returned to the underworld. And resumed living their happy life with Drogon as their pet and family member. You see Dragons aren’t always bad and merely misunderstood.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    Wow, what a fantastic story! It was beautifully written and I enjoy the message behind. You could say that both Hades and Drogon were misunderstood! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ms Stone

      This task was really fun and allowed us to be creative and share our learning in any ways we wanted, which was really cool! This story was inspired by the general idea that dragons are bad, after reading many stories about the knight saving the princess from the dragon I wanted to change it up. Seeing as Hades was also a misunderstood character made it so that those 2 characters were perfect for this kind of story.

      From Zaeeda

      Delete
  2. Hi Zaeeda

    That was a fantastic piece of writing! I've always enjoyed reading about Greek myths and legends. There are also some interesting movies based around Greek mythology e.g. 'Clash of the Titans'. Have you seen it? Well done.

    Mrs Lagitupu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Ms Lagitupu

      Thank you for your comment. No, I haven't Clash of Titans,but I'll definitely put it in my list of movies to watch. Being in lock-down has made so, I have lots of time to watch some movies.

      -Zaeeda

      Delete