Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Zaeeda-SLJ- Day 3 Week 1

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

It's day 3 of the Summer Learning Journey. We have 2 activities to complete today and I'm excited to complete them to a high standard of course. Enjoy!

Activity 1: Optical Illusion
Optical illusions are visual pictures, that our eyes, perceive differently from what the reality is. Optical Illusion make our eyes, see things differently, it's to do with color, the movement of an image, or the appearance of a 2D image looking 3D these are all optical illusions.

Optical illusions have a lot to do with the brain. As the whole illusion is just our mind tricking itself. There are three main types of Optical Illusions those are literal illusions, physiological illusions and cognitive illusions.

For this task we had to, create our own optical illusion. We could create it either online or draw it using pencil and paper. I enjoyed this task it was tricky though  because, I'm not the best at drawing. However I tried my best and created, this picture. It's the classic hypnosis curl!


Activity 2: Tanerore

Fort this task, we got to do a bit of Te reo learning. It was a lot of fun, being in New Zealand, means we live in a country with a with a rich Maori heritage. We learnt heaps about Te-Reo Maori at Pt England and I'm glad to be extending my knowledge during the holidays. Through this task I was able to learn quite a bit.

Here is my kowhaiwhai. New beginnings, growth and harmony, taken from the symbolism of fern leaf before bloom, represnts by the koru. New Zealand has some of the most beautiful ferns in the world, there are around 200 different speices!


Today's task was a lot of fun and I very much enjoyed it. I can't wait to do more!


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zaeeda

    Benjamin here from the summer learning journey.

    Great work with your illusion illustration! I think you're a good drawer despite what you have said. I glanced at your kowhaiwhai and that was drawn well too.

    So this is the hypnosis curl. Does it have an affect when it is spun? I am just thinking about instances where I've seen magicians or hypnotists spinning a similar spiral so I had the thought of giving the curl motion.

    Anyway, keep up the great work!

    All the best,
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    Thank you for sharing your amazing optical illusion! I also really like that you shared how the illusions work.

    To me, your illusion looks like the spiral could be spinning away from me, or popping out towards me! My eyes don’t know what to think!

    Which activity has been your favourite so far? I have loved looking at all of the illusions as they are so interesting!
    Keep up the awesome mahi.

    Mā te wā,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Zaeeda,

    Just looking at your kowhaiwhai! I'm so happy to hear you learn lots of te reo at Point England! Because I grew up in England, I am trying to learn more te reo now as an adult. I love it, but it can be tricky!

    I think that is a lovely meaning behind your kowhaiwhai. Wow, I didn't know there were more than 200 different species of fern! Thanks for teaching me something new.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete