Pages

Monday 17 August 2020

A Moon Myth


This week in literacy we looked at another Maori Myth. This one was about a woman who was taken by the moon because she didn't watch what she was saying. This myth is a well known myth and I've heard different versions of it in Te Reo when I was younger. There is even a Maori Waiata about her. For this task we had to read the text make word groups. We then had to record ourselves reading a fraction of the text. We also had to create a storyboard find some worthy words and do a create task. It was heaps of fun and I'm looking forward to doing more!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zaeeda,
    You are right, the story of Rona is well known and is also the subject of a well known waiata. I enjoyed listening to your recording of a short excerpt from Moon Story by Patricia Grace. As a storyteller, you have just your voice to keep your listener engaged. Speaking slowly (but not too slowly!, clearly and with lots of expression is the key - good job Zaeeda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms Tapuke

    Thank you for your comment. Yes I have decided that my next steps to improving my reading is to use my voice to tell a story well.

    Kind Regards
    Zaeeda

    ReplyDelete