Pages

Friday 28 August 2020

Slit-throat


‘Yes welcome; please take a seat on the left’ The mayor said. Several townspeople had gathered in the town hall in order to discuss the action that will be taken against the recent deaths in Gibesalf-falls. 

The meeting began, but not much later came the people in Town hall stunned by the presence of Nicholas Aldom. He was known as the town’s hill billy, Crazy person. ‘I hope I’m not interrupting anything’ he said in a posh voice as he hung up his coat. Galloping over to a seat near the mayor.

‘Not at all’ the  mayor replied with a stern and cold voice. It was no surprise that his presence was not welcome there, as Nicholas was known to do everything in his power to question the mayor's authority.

‘It seems that we have another homicidal maniac on our hands’ the mayor started 'the sheriff and I, are open to hearing suggestions, thoughts, or any hush hush information on this case'. A quiet murmur arose in the room. Nicholas could hear that many seemed to be about him.

‘I beg your pardon, but it’s very rude to talk about someone in such a manner’ He exclaimed, jumping out of his seat. He marched right up to the mayor looking him square in the face and saying ‘This man is a hoax isn’t it clear to you all that he has done literally nothing to help you out of this mess’.

The crowd dispersed before the meeting got out of hand. Nicholas decided that he would take it upon himself to assemble a cult. Not any cult but one that would stand together fighting the forces of evil, the like so called “slit-throat” in Gibesalf-falls.

The day went by slowly it was gloomy grey, but the magnificent colours of the leaves on the trees made up for it. The grass was moist and puddles filled the pavements. ‘What a wonderfully peaceful time of year’ Nicholas thought out loud. 

Later that evening another gory night took place. He walked through the dark alley.  His shoes are clacking on the pavement. Clack Clack. I watched as he marched closer. A knife in his hand. 

He was tall and mysterious, with incredibly broad shoulders. It made me wonder how he managed to stand up right. He walked closer and closer, to the small girl weeping in the corner.

I watched helplessly, as he finally reached her. He came to a halt, a dark smirk creeping across his face. He raised his hand and slit the girl across her neck. He didn't stop, he held her there for a second.

I watched in horror. Was this real, no it couldn't be. I ran, I didn't know where or why, but I had to leave. It was the late hour of the night, and I didn't know who I should tell. I decided my best bet was my friend, the one person I could confide in.


I had arrived home, it was late. My wife and child were out, probably spending my week's wage at the mall. It didn't matter, I was tired.

I sat down for a moment of silence. It felt like only a second when my friend barged in through the door. He was out of breath and with cold sweat accumulating on his forehead.

I calmly asked "How may I assist you at this hour"

'Murder, Alley, Tall dude' He said out of breath

'Cedric calm down and tell me what's wrong' I started looking at him seriously

He took a deep breath and took a seat on the brown sofa I had placed in the living room. 'I just witnessed a murder, It was a girl, she she-' He stuttered

'Cedric how many times do I have to tell you, take your pills and stay in your new home. The doctor had told you missing them will affect your mind negatively leading to mild hallucinations' I started hoping my words would persuade him.

'But it was real' he said again

Later that evening, after I had convinced him that it was all a pigment of his imagination he finally went home. It was exhausting, and he was quite stubborn. It was a close call, nobody can know what took place in that alley. And nobody can know my secret. I am the murderer.

The next morning it was printed all over the paper, Headlines were “Cedric Willows a mental health escapee” and “Mentally unhealthy Hazard on the Loose”. ‘What a whole lot of malarkey’ Nicholas said as he sat on his front porch reading the new paper, with his steaming cup of coffee placed in his hand. 

‘Welp let’s not waste anymore time, looking at events from the past and focus on the present and future’ Nicholas said as he grabbed his top hat, cane and coat. He decided to walk to the local high school; the one he wasn’t banned from. Gibesalf-falls public high-school it’s been a while long since he’d been at the highschool but he mustn't dawdle there was no time to waste.

Many students had just arrived out of their classrooms rushing to their lockers, friends and second period classes. Nicholas clutched his clipboard in his hands. He put up a couple flyers and gave out sign up sheets, by the end of the day they had 15 members.

‘Welcome everyone, to the first official meeting of the Black circle, I am Nicholas Aldom, your founder and club president’ Nicholas started he then continued ‘ We are gathered here today, because both you and I believe that there is an injustice happening amongst us  and SLIT-THROAT that serial killer, must pay for his sins’ he states in a stern voice. 

Some of the students flinched, but everyone stayed silent until ‘Yes we're right behind you all the way. But what’s the plan!?’ It was a jock from the football team. Pale white skin, blonde hair, he was quite muscular. He had blue eyes and freckles. ‘Hello my name is Jason, My sister was one of the people slaughtered by this atrocity’ he stated, he walked closer to the other people in the room ‘we must rid this town of this sinner’ he said in a dark voice.

‘Well then I guess it’s necessary that we get a move on’ Nicholas said 

‘The people that got slaughtered are all related’ a small voice said. It belonged to a girl she was wearing a pink top and had her blonde hair slicked back. Everyone turned their heads to look at her, she unfolding her arms she had a powerful stride. The kind of stride that let everyone know “DON’T MESS WITH HER” .

‘How so?’ Nicholas questioned.

‘I did my research uncovering that all of these people had an encounter with the mayor’ she stated her eyes scanned the room,  looking for a response from the audience.

‘Are you stating that the mayor had something to do with the killings’ Jason asked

Nicholas ‘Malarkey, it’s much too soon to make assumptions and or accusations we must INVESTIGATE’

‘I agree nobody deserves to be generalised that’s why I’m here’ A deep yet somehow quivering voice stated. It belonged to a male wearing a leather jacket having some kind of bird imprinted on it. ‘Hello my name is Cole I come from a low income family, I don’t have fancy clothes and sometimes I have 1 meal a week’ he turns his back and walks through the pathway that the crowd had created for him. ‘I’ve become what some people call the prime suspect the mayor had fired me from my job at the drive in and that was obviously my motive’ Cole raised his hands near his face and made quotation marks to resemble the sarcasm in his voice.

The meeting went on for several hours and theories were thrown around. The group had become really solid and they had also formed a plan. But for now there prime suspects are the Mayor, Sheriff, several other people that had been at the seminar earlier in the week. Nicholas was glad, some kind of action had to be taken and he was happy to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment