Pages

Thursday 13 August 2020

Maui's Fishing Trip!

My brothers are complete and utter nincompoops. I’m a demigod, I may be young but I have the wisdom of any great chief. I’m very quick-witted; when my brothers refused to share bait with me, I used my own blood.

I received a blessing from the Tangaroa god of the sea. I fished up a giant ika. Yes it was dangerous and I was foolishly reckless but no one got hurt. Am I not the only one that came back with a fish? Is it not fair that I am pardoned for my one mistake?

We had to write 2 paragraphs to persuade Maui's mum that it was a good idea for Maui to go on the fishing trip with his brothers.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    Which reason would best persuade Maui's mother, Taranga, and accept that her youngest son should have been on the waka with his older brothers? If Maui, was your son, what would your reaction have been to him hiding on the waka? or punching his own nose for bait?

    ReplyDelete