Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Zaeeda-SLJ-#12

Welcome back to another great day of the summer learning journey let's get started!

Activtiy 1: Bee Informed

The Word (bumble bee) is a compound word (Bumble + Bee). The word (bumble) means to hum, buzz or drone.

Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometres per hour (km/h).

Bumblebees are very strong! They carry up to 90% percent of their body weight in food with them to avoid starvation.

Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to 50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.

The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factour including the removal of wildflowers and flowing trees, habitat loss and extensive use of pesticides.

Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don't Stink?

If I had a sink that could drain anything I would drain these things

1. Baby Peas


2. Sliced Potatoe


3. Seafood

4. Celery


Activity 3: Flying Fungi

Here is my working and my and my answer!



Thats all for today I hope you enjoy come back tommorrow for more

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zaeeda,

    Oh no! Why would you put baby peas and seafood down your sink?! I love those things! Actually, I like all the things on your list!

    I learned some interesting things about bumblebees. I did't know they were so strong or that they were declining in numbers. Now that I think about it, I don't see that many bumblebees around now.

    Well done on solving that maths problem! I love the way you have presented at as DLO too - it's very clear and easy to understand.

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete