Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Zaeeda-SLJ-#5

Dear reader it's day five of the Summer Learning Journey here are my activties.

Activty 1: Towering Timbers

It is so sad that there is logging happening in New Zealand. I think that we should prevent logging from happening because when people log they hurst our native trees and animals such as the Kiwi, Long finned Eel, and Tuatara and many more. We should look for another way to generate heat power E.g

I think that logging sucks the life out of all the other plants around the area and the more logging that happens the more greedy people get and they forget about the inhabtants of the land they are destroying

Here are the reasons I think we shouldn't log in New Zealand.



1. logging means deforestation and can have a major effect on the enviroment it can be so bad that it mean millions of animal speice lose there home. Forest only cover about 30 percent of the worlds land but forests half the size of England are lost every year due to deforestation.

2. Deforstation also drives climate change which as you know is a serious threat to or icy sea creatures. Soil is moist and if without the trees blocking the sun they will quickly dryout. Tree also help out water cycle by changing it and sending water vapor back into the atmosphere.


Trees help us alot and we should help them and all we are doing now is being greedy so let's help the enviroment!


Thats all for activity 1



Activty 2: Living on the Edge


Here is my letter to my trip to Tundra



Activty 3: Going Going ... Gone

Dear reader here is what I would like you to know about New Zealand in 2018. 2018 has been a good year in auckland we have had more and more house built espacially we I live and we are becoming bigger and bigger our techonogly has grown and so has most of our education. I am gonna start from the begging of the year.


This year my school has done alot last year we started saving the enviroment but it wasn't enough this year we took recycling to a whole new level and not just that we are helping presevre long finned eels for the future. We started bincurity recycling crew and a robotics ropu and we got help from engineers from fisher and paykel healthycare. We have had a great year at Pt England School.



Auckland housing problem is not as big as last year we also got a new prime minister Jacinda Arden. It's been a really great year and if something happens I want whoever is reading this that I am very proud of 2018!

I think that Jacinda Arden has been doing a good job and she is a new prime minster so we should give her a break and get use to the job, Instead of putting more pressure on her and doing things like that.

That's is for today. The next time I will be posting will be Next week!

3 comments:

  1. Morena Zaeeda

    Thank you for another thoughtful and insightful (lots of cool information) blog post.

    You have given some really key reasons as to why deforestation is bad. You seem to have a lot of knowledge on this topic. Is it something you have learnt in school or have you been doing your own research? What do you think we can do to lessen the effects of deforestation in New Zealand?

    I really enjoyed reading your ‘Going, going...gone’ post. Your community and your school seem to have really bloomed this year. I like hearing that lots more homes are being build. We all deserve to live in a nice, comfortable home. I’m glad to hear your community is growing like this.

    Can you tell me more about the work your school has been doing with recycling and helping to preserve the Long Finned eels? I am a teacher in an intermediate school and we are always looking for new ideas to help our community and our country.

    Can’t wait to see what your future blog posts have in store.

    Thanks,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Izzy

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. At my school we have started a bincuirty team that help the student recycle and sort there rubbish. The bincurity team also helps keep our school clean but it not just that we are sharing what we are doing with other people. We had an interveiwer come in and look at what we are doing.

    Yes I do know quite a bit about deforstation because we are learnt a little about this in my exention class and my sister goes to college and she had an essay about this and I learnt from that too. I think we can help deforestation by planting tree, we can look for recycled things and by them more often we can even use less paper it won't help the effect completely but it is a start.


    I am one of the eel gurdians I help feed the eels with the classes. This is something we had started to preserve the eels for the future we started this in term 2 and I have made a presentation about the eels coming to New Zealand and some facts about eels. Here it a link

    https://peszaeedak.blogspot.com/2018/06/eels-at-pt-england.html

    I happy to do the summer learning journey my little sister has learnt about about holiday blogging and I am teaching her so please feel free to check out her blog to Here is the link

    http://peszariak.blogspot.com/

    Thanks For Commenting
    From Zaeeda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Zaeeda! Victoria again. It' great to see you passionate about your opinion for logging. I agree that it shouldn't be allowed and it's very bad for environment and etc. I enjoyed reading your reason and I like how you included more information on the topic as well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete