Pages

Thursday 9 July 2020

Zaeeda-WLJ- Day 3 (Fast As)

Day 3: Fast As
Here is another day worth of activities. Today we have an activity that was quite different. I don't think I've seen this activity before. But let's try our best anyways. Activity 1: Faster than a speeding bullet 
For this activity we had to create 4 new similes.
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is a world famous athlete, famous for sprints. She won the record for the 100m sprint and was crowned the “world’s fastest woman”.
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce exclusive interview... on feminism ...Shelly-Ann was born and went to school in Jamaica, which is a small country in the caribbean. During her college years she was a good athlete. She won the Jamaican Schools Championships at the age of 16. She went on to win many races at both the olympics and world championships. Many people have compared her running speed to people like Usain Bolt and even animals! When people make these comparisons, they often say things like: “Shelly-Ann is as fast as a cheetah” or “Shelly-Ann is fast like a fighter jet”. Image Website
A Simile is when you compare something to something else. E.g The House is as tall as a skyscraper. Here are my similies!
1. The tree is as tall as a mountain
2. My hands are as cold as ice
3. She's as sweet as honey
4. I'm as busy as a bee

Today was fun, I did learn something new. But I'm sure that I've heard similes before.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zaeeda! Thanks for sharing what you have here! I'm glad to read that you've learned about an outstanding athlete as well as creating your own similes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete