Pages

Friday 17 July 2020

Zaeeda-WLJ- # Week 2 Day 5 (Leaders!)

Week 2 Day 5: Leaders!
Today we are here with some completely different activities. I'm really excited because this is the last day of the Winter Learning Journey so let's make the most of it.

Activity 1: Leaders!

Throughout this week we looked at different leaders. Barack Obama, Jacinda Ardern, Nelson Mandela and Jessica Rogers. Each of one of these amazing people were resilient in some way.

For this task we had to, find out the definition of the word resilience then talk about how each other leaders were resilient we then have to talk about one thing we would like to keep practicing from each leader.


Activity 2: Leaders!
Throughout this week we looked at different leaders. Barack Obama, Jacinda Ardern, Nelson Mandela and Jessica Rogers. Each of one of these amazing people were resilient in some way.

For this task we had to  2 leaders from your family then use an image of 2 people and an explanation of what makes them effective leaders in your family. 


Every family has a leader. Someone who carries the family and provides each and every member with the care and love they need. The amazing person that always there for you and continues to support you. I didn't say a name but that person popped into your head didn't they.

In my family it's my mum. She amazing! She wakes up every morning at 3 am and goes to work. After a hard day at work, the fun has just begun. She finished at 3pm and if off to pick up her 3 children, 2 in primary and 1 in college.

After she's picked up her daughters, my mum then come home and does the house work. Cooking cleaning grocery shopping, vacuuming, you name it she does it. But even after all that she continues to smile and persevere, she never gives up or complains.

But it doesn't end there. Despite the fact that she already done so much, she has to do it all alone. My dad is barely home and when he is, he's getting plenty of rest. He's a mechanic and that means that he gets called out a lot, and he does many night jobs. So my mum has to do most of it alone, so she has to be quite on to it.

My mum is always there for me and my sisters, she helps my dad and even provides for our family. So in my eyes I see her as my hero. She saved me many times from rethink at school.



My family is very fortunate to have 2 amazing leaders. My Mum and my Dad, my Dad isn't the kind of leader that does one super noticeable good deed. He's always there, ready to help, Support and advise.

He encourages us, by giving us the best pep talks. He helps my me and my siblings with our homework A LOT. Just in general my dad is very encouraging in towards our learning at school and education.

He's known widely in the community for upholding a reputation of being super helpful. He's always up to the task in helping anyone out. Whether it's getting a car jump started or helping someone start up there own business.

Another reason that I personally find my dad to be an amazing leader is always there to give advice He's done many things in his life, and has a lot of knowledge, as it comes with old age. That's why I find him the best person to ask for help and advise.

As you can see, there are many ways that he is a leader. And it's not just doing one good thing it's continuously doing something, THE RIGHT THING!

Activity 3: Extra Activities 
We had to create a post in which we are sharing 3 quotes that the leaders in our family say. When the had to post it on our blog with an explanation for each one.



This first quote if about being back at school. Just because it's not lockdown anymore we should still continue to learn and grow and keep going. I don't really know about you guys, but for me especially lockdown was a really important time in which I reflected upon myself. After lockdown I had a fresh start and I got to restart things that I hadn't done very well in. I kept going and kept growing. Also remember It's important to do your best!




This one relates to a quote my family said during lockdown which was "Sunshine is yet to shine on this cloudy day" we said that because, we were all waiting for the good news of, NO MORE LOCKDOWN to be announced which was going to be our sunshine. But now we speak of it as pass tense. This quote also relate to the fact that lockdown wasn't all that bad. New friendships were made but overall we became better as a community.



There are many great people the believe that nothing beats hard work. Well, a similar quote is spoken by my parents, especially my mum. My mum is known too work extremely hard providing and raising 3 kids. She also works a lot at home, a quote I often hear her say is Don't fear work, work should fear you. Basically meaning don't stop working because they're is too much work to be done just keep going and keep persevering. 



Activity 4: Bonus Activity
For this task we had to write a message that we would like to send to everyone in New Zealand. This message had to be somewhat encouraging. We also had to choose three emojis to some up this weeks Winter Learning Journey.

Here is my encouraging message. It isn't much but basically everyone has done a good job at getting things back on track and back to normal. We just need to keep being amazing.
👌😎🤔
I chose the ok hand as, my holidays and the winter learning journey has been okay. There wasn't anything that has made this holiday the best ever. But we still have one more whole week.

I also chose the emoji with the sun glasses. Because these activities were decently easy and I cruised through them, which gave me enough time to relax and just chill these holidays.

The last emoji was a thinking sign because, most of the activities this week, were the same ones I completed in one of the Summer Learning Journeys I did.

Welp this Winter Learning Journey has come to an end. I did enjoy the activities, and had quite a bit of fun completing them. These holidays I did a lot of relaxing at home, and preparing, because we have a busy term a head of us, and my mum's birthday is on Monday but you'll hear more about that later. SEE YOU NEXT TIME! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment