Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Zaeeda-ELJ-#Day 2 (Never Lose Hope)

Day: 2 (Never Lose Hope)
Welcome to day to, I decided to mix it up and do it a little differently today. We have 2 activities to complete today so let's do them well. Like always they all have something to do with NZ. I'v been looking forward to doing more so let's start!

Activity 1 & 2: Our New Zealand Flag
For this task we had redesign the New Zealand flag. Our original flag was made in 1902 it's 115 years old. So it's been with us a while. Our New Flag must have the minor ability to spread hope throughout New Zealand as we continue the fight with COVID-19.


Here is the original New Zealand flag, it's got the union jack on the top left and on the right are 4 star that represent the southern cross. This however is not our first flag. This flag has belonged to our country for a long time. However many people have mistaken our flag for the Australian flag, and because of that people have tried to replace this flags many times.

Here is the redesigned version. The colour scheme changed from blue white and red to black and white. I changed the design quite a bit because our original flag looks very similar to other flags. The fern on the left represents the natural wonders of New Zealand. The southern cross is in the original so I just changed the colour, I wanted to keep something from the original. The last thing on the flag is a very simple map of New Zealand. I wouldn't even call it a map,it's basically just the shape of NZ. On most old maps New Zealand isn't on it or is said to be part of Australia. I think that this would be a good way to show that we aren't apart of Australia, but our own country!

The flag above was inspired by this black and white flag, I made in 2017. And the colour scheme of this flag was inspired by the all blacks, and the anchor represents Auckland the City of Sails. I think is was okay, for a 9 year old. But looking back at it, I don't see how it relate to all of New Zealand. It's more of a flag you would use while sailing or something. I think the newer flag is much more of and improvement. 




I think that the redesigned version would make a great flag, and would definitely remind Kiwis that NZ is a great place, and we will make it through hard times. We are one family and we are working to defeat this pandemic.

That brings us to an end of day 2. I think that this might've been my favourite day of all not just because of the number of tasks. I really enjoyed redesigning the the New Zealand flag. Even though I like it the way it is. It's really fun being creative and letting our ideas flow because the possibilities were endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment