Pages

Thursday 13 June 2019

Textile @ Tech

Today I had my first textiles tech lesson. It was reallly fun and I learn quite alot I learnt how to thread and so. We have a really cool teacher and she taught us heaps. I quite enjoyed it and I am glad we are working with paper now and will move on to fabric later.

The finished product will be a pillow but we still have time left before that. So far we have learnt how to set up the machine and sow 5 straight lines. It wasn't the hardest things but it requires lots of attention and concentration as you must have you eyes, feet and your hands working at the same times.

I was in a group with Rozaidah and Jazzelle and Marika the four of us worked out a system to get our work done quickly. We all got our work done but Marika had to redo hers as she had put to much pressure on the paper and it ripped.

One thing we could do better next time is get the maching working better and also make sure we have colored thread. Working with white thread isn't the best thing because it's hard to see on white paper. But in real life you can see the texture and the stitches so it's fine I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment