Pages

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Immersion Assembly

This morning I hopped out of bed and got ready for school. Do you know why? Because it was the first day of Term 4. When we arrived at school I said bye to my sister as I bumped into Aaliah one of my old friends. I gave her a big squeeze okay I know it was a bit over the top but we hadn’t seen each other for 2 whole weeks.


Anyways we walked for a while and we found my cousin Farah we walked to the breeze and found what the theme for this term was MUSICAL MADNESS. At first I had no Ideas what that meant and how did it relate to kaitiakitanga i nga wa katoa english translation we are guardians of the people and environment around us.


When the bell rang the fun really started. We all entered and said hello to all of our lovely teacher I gave Mrs Buchanan a hug as she greets us with her friendly smile. Then I give Miss West a hug and went to say hi to all my friends which to some time. Especially  if I give each of them a 20-30 second hug. The bell rang and I went to line up.


When we arrived at the hall I saw that most of the teacher had really groovy hair styles. They also had headphones, bongo drums, normal drums, ukuleles and mirankers it really was a site to see. I sat down excitedly ready to see what the first Item was.


The first Item had the teachers playing snap and they decide they should listen to some music. They played all kind of songs. These are some of the songs they played. The first song that was really funny the second song  was really scary the last song was just right. It was a bit like Goldilocks.


The second Item was kind of like show where  all the instrument work together as a team. They started with Miss Gastion playing in the jungle on a ukulele and then Miss Naulder came and joined in. She played her instrument followed by Miss Tumahai. Miss Peck came on last but went of stage first. My Favourite Groovy hairstyle was Miss Gaston’s.


The next item was from team 3. It was about using music to tell a story. They did this funny movie where they changed their speech into part of a song. It sounded like they were singing their conversation. My personal favorite is the part where Miss Eadie Miss King and Miss Davis come in and they changed  the speech and it was like they had sung it’s just me myself and I.


Next it was the Fourth Item was from the teacher of team 4. They did this super cool video sitting in the car listening to music and whichever music they played they would have a different reaction. My favorite part was in the end where Mr Jacobson was in his van looking at the other teachers.


The last Item was team 5 my sisters in that team you might know her from my earlier stories. Anyways team 5 did this act where they had a family night and they watched movies. When the  movie changes the expressions on the family’s faces changed.  I didn’t have a favourite part in this movie because I liked all of it.


Wow this was one heck of a show I can’t wait to see what adventure awaits us in the future as we learn create and share with each other.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 4.57.17 PM.png

1 comment:

  1. WOW! that is a great story because you put just the right amount of detail and punctuation in it. It sounds like it was lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete