Pages

Thursday 13 February 2020

Science Experiment (Mercury @ Tech)

This week we have started, tech. Last year we had Textiles, Robotics, Hard Materials and Food Tech. But being a year 8 this year we were supposed to have music instead of Textiles, but we had science. I was in the group doing science, a long with a few other of my friends.

I was looking forward to science, at Tech because at school we only get to explore a small part of it. I wanted to learn more about other areas. So maybe this class would allow me to do just that.

One of the first things we did was talk about our experiences with science and scientist. What they do, and if we'd every thought about becoming scientist, stuff like that. It didn't take long, I sat next to Jahzara and we both had different and interesting things to say.

We then watched a video about a Science fair and different projects. We were given a piece of paper to take notes and put down facts about the project that interested us most. For me it is the one below about Mercury. I did hear a fact once about Isaac Newton's death, he died in his sleep but before that he was said to have Mercury poisoning because of all the chemical experiments he conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment