Pages

Saturday 1 February 2020

Zaeeda-SLJ-# Week 4 Day 3 (Screen Legends)

Week 4: All The World's A Stage
Day 3: Screen Legends

Welcome back, to the last week. Three task to complete and 2 days left after this. I've really enjoyed the week so far we've kind of been learning about some of my favourite people. I've actually enjoyed the whole summer but let's save this talk for the last day. Enjoy!

Activity 1: Talk Show Host
For this task we had to share our passion and interest, jobs we dream of and may consider doing one day. What we'd like to do when we're older and what we'd do after college.

Oprah Winfrey is basically a television legend. She is famous for her work on The Oprah Winfrey, this show ran for 25 years. Many people say that she is among one of the most influential women in the world. She is very successful and has helped other too!

Like anyone Oprah had to work hard in order to achieve her goals and success. She had to over come challenges obstacles and hard times, in order to achieve her dreams and she did, as a result she became a radio presenter, TV news presenter, and daytime talk show host. She currently owns her a production company (HARPO), and television station (OWN). She also makes a magazine, called 'O'.

Oprah has a passion for education, she loves the power of learning. She has even started her own school in South Africa called The Oprah Winfrey Leadership School for Girls. Oprah believes the power of learning and continues to try and provide young people opportunities to follow there passions in order to live a successful life like her. 

After P.E.S I will most likely be going to Selwyn College like my Sister and my dad. After that I would be going to Uni, and I'll be going to Med School, because my dream job is to become a Surgeon, preferably a Neuro-Surgeon. 

I know that medical professions take a lot of courses and time, so I will most likely getting a part-time job in order to support myself and will work towards continuing my studies. I actually have dreamed of working in the Medical Profession since I was young, my parents also support this dream.  So yeah, that's what I want to be doing in the future, and like Oprah I am willing to work hard and do take risks, in order to achieve my dreams, I AM DETERMINED!

Activity 2: Plot Points
For this task we had to imagine we were making a movie. We had to share on our blogs the movie plot, what are the main characters and events happening in the movie.

Lupita Nyong'o spent a lot of her childhood in Kenya, Africa. Her whole family was there, she was 1 of out 6 children in her family. After she graduated from High-school, she moved to the USA, in order to pursue her dreams of becoming an actress. 


She is now an Actress and was cast in her first American film, East River, in 2008. Lupita Nyong'o has also written and made a number of great films, like  Black Panther and 12 Days a Slave. She actually won the 2013 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, also known as an 'Oscar. She is the first ever Kenyan and/or Mexican woman to win an award.

Lupita is very successful over the years she has written a created a number of star-films. She received a masters degree from Yale University and has even written a children's book called Sulwe.

If I could make a movie I would most likely base it off the narrative I shared earlier during the summer learning journey, the one about friendship and the 3 friends.


Otherwise I'd base it off my life, teenage stories, friends, good times, bad times, and how to get through them. I would most likely also base it off my school days, cause that would be really fun. So my movie or movies would be like the 'diary of the wimpy kid' movie series that also comes in books.


People would be able to see life through a teenagers life, and the kind of problems they fave and how they overcome them. I pretty sure that people will be able to relate and it would definitely be fiction, because we would want it to be appropriate for all audiences.


Activity 3: Feast Or Famine

For this task we had to share whether or not we would take part in the 20 or 40 hour famine.

Julian Dennison a 17 year old actor from Lower Hutt, near Wellington. He has starred in many Movies and TV Commercials. You might recognize him from  Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Deadpool, or in the Lynx ads. He's super funny!


But, acting and being funny is not all Julian is about. He has recently became a World Vision to be a 40 Hour Famine Ambassador. He Even traveled with world vision, all the way to Uganda. There they met some refugees, who live there.  

I would definitely do the 40 hour famine, as it's for a good cause and, it sounds like fun. It would also be really easy to sign up since, our school has been doing it for a while. I haven't tried out yet, but I have heard about stuff that happens during the 40 hour famine. I like the idea of 40 hour famine, and the cause. It's great to see people helping out, and ready to give up food for such a cause. It's also great that schools are doing it, sharing awareness. 

That concludes day 3 of the last week, had heaps of fun and really enjoyed doing these activities. Only 2 days left of the Summer Learning Journey and till school starts. I'm Psyched About School, Being a Year 8 and a prefect. This is my last year at PES so we better make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment