Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2020

#HOMELEARNING2020



I have lately been reading the diary of the wimpy kid 13 book series. During the holidays my parents bought me the whole series so I started from book one which I was reading a few weeks ago. I am not up to book 4.

Title: Diary Of A Wimpy Kid (Dog Days)

Author: Jeff Kinney

Genre Humor, Young adult fiction, Diary fiction, Comedy

No.pages:
 217





Favourite part so far
My favourite part of the story so far is when Greg and his best friend Rowley watch a horror movie. Now they are taking many precautions as they are scared that a muddy hand is going to murder them in there sleep. I find this quite hilarious as both characters seem scared out of there wits and have gone very far in order to be safe from the "muddy hand".



Who is in this story? 
Greg Heffley mostly and his family made up of five people His parents two brothers and him. His Best friend Rowley and people in his neighborhood. He has mentioned this one really weird boy in his school and neighborhood his name is Fregely, from what I have read in the past 4 books is that Fregely has said some odd stuff to Greg, which kind of freaked him out.

Setting
The main setting is Greg's house as it's the summer holidays and he has been spending his time playing video games and sleeping in. However his mum has tried to get him including in many different activities like books clubs. Greg just doesn't seem interested, he always finds a way to weasel himself out, of the activities.

What seems to be the plot
Basically it's been telling us the summer holiday of this Middle-Schooler names Greg. He lives with his family his Mum, Dad, and 2 brother Manny and Rodrick.

Prediction
I'm predicting that either Greg's mum and dad get him a dog to look after. This is because the title says Dog Days, and his parents have been trying to get Greg engaged in something. But since Greg has different taste in things he just doesn't seem to take any responsibility for it. So if his parents get Greg a dog to look after he will learn how to take care of it and be responsible for giving the dog everything it need. (Pretty good Idea if you ask me, I've always wanted a dog, I used to have one. But it's kind passed away 2 years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment