Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Zaeeda-SLJ-#Week 2 Day 5 (Humanitarian Heroes)

Week 2: I Have A Dream.....
Day 5: Humanitarian Heroes
Welcome back to another amazing day doing the summer learning journey. Today we will be learning about brave everyday heroes in our modern day society. This is the last day doing the summer learning journey this week. I am super excited to start learning so let's get started.

Activity 1: Everyday Heroes
For this task we were to brainstorm ideas on fundraising to help people in Australia who are current battling against wild fires. We then had to record us explaining our ideas.

24/7 we have amazing men and women, traveling around no just New Zealand but the whole world to help people. Men and Women in the emergency systems help provide people with the support they need. Sometimes it gets so dangerous that they end up risking their lives.

The Fire Police and Ambulance service are all common emergency services. They often help save many lives and many things from happening. There are other types of services like
Air Ambulance, Search and Rescue, Coast Guard, Surf Lifesaving, the Civil Defense and way more.

Currently in Australia Fire Services are battling over 150 wildfires happening in New South Wales a region on the east coast of Australia. The fires started in November 2019 and people have said that they are not expected to stop burning for many weeks to come. All Men and Women are working hard in the Emergency Services in Australia to make sure everybody is safe.


Activity 2: Leading By Example
For the second task we were asked to follow Princess Diana and Mother Teresa's footsteps and perform a random act of kindness. We then had to share with you what we did and how it made us feel and how the person reacted.


The random act of kindness I performed was at Kmart this afternoon. I found a small child around the age of 3, she was running around crazy with tears in her eyes. She had lost her family. I cheered her up and helped her find her family who happened to be in the food court.

The child's name was Layla and she had come to Sylvia park, with her older sister. But she wondered away from her older sister at some point during while they were shopping. I had found her by the stationery where I was looking for a backpack. 

I found it quite sad that she was crying alone. I helped her out cause I know what it's like getting lost and I used to get lost all the time. I have gotten lost at Kelly Tarltons, Auckland Museum and the Zoo. I got lost at Pak N' Save once. So yeah it was an easy but meaningful act of kindness.

Activity 3: Choose Your Own
For this task we were asked to choose someone we look up to. It can be anyone, a politician an actor singer sports person, or a family member. We then had write about what they have done, why we look up to them and how there actions have affected other people lives.

This concludes the last day of the week, I hope you enjoyed looking at people who are heroes in our everyday modern society. I had fun and can't wait to continue doing the summer learning journey. Me and my family have had a fun start to this year too. Just yesterday we went on a road-trip to Hamilton.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Zaeeda!
    Thank you for this. I really enjoyed reading about everyday heroes and I also liked your fundraiser ideas. Will keep them in mind as we start fundraising for our 2020 trips. Enjoy the remainder of your holidays and well done on continuing with the SLJ!
    Mrs Ilaoa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked your second activity blog post Zaeeda - RAK's are so simple but effective! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zaeeda

    I am very impressed with your Summer Learning Journey efforts! You are amazing. I love the fundraising ideas that you shared. The situation with the wildfires burning out of control in Australia is very sad. This is a result of climate change and possibly a lack of leadership and policy direction to deal with the bushfires in Australia. Some argue that it has nothing to do with climate change. What do you think? Keep up the great work. I am very proud of you.

    Mrs Lagitupu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zaeeda!
    Yup, Its me Lilly:) Congrats for completing another SLJ Day!! I really enjoyed your Fundraising Ideas , I love the first one the Lemonade stand it really brings back the olden days for sure!! Great job keep up the hard work ! Enjoy the rest of your day as well as your holidays!
    Kind Regards ,
    Lillyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zaeeda,
    I liked how you said that we could fund raise money for people in Australia, and send food and supplies over for the people that lost their homes. I also liked how you gave a very detailed backstory on one of your idols. Would you want to join a band?

    ReplyDelete