Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

Zaeeda-SLJ-#Day 4 (Individual Pursuits)

Week 1: Physical Limits
Day 4: Individual Pursuits
Today is the first week and fourth day of doing the Summer Learning Journey. We are going to be focusing on making a name for ourselves fighting for what we truly believen. Let's start!

On Day 1 we learnt about going on a voyage, we looked at our cultural backgrounds, and charities. Day 2 we learnt about people that have done some great things, and going beyond the horizons. Day 3 we learnt about following our dreams and pursuing our life goals.

Activity 1: Making A Racket
For this task we were asked to watch 2 videos about 2 world class tennis player Venus and Serena Williams. We then had to share 3 things we learnt and also 

Activity 2: What's In A Name
The second task required us, to chose what we would change our name to if we were allowed to change it. What we'd change it to and why'd we change it to that specific name.

One of the world greatest, boxers is Muhammad Ali. A boxer that started his career and training at age 12, then went on to become a world champion. Muhammad Ali is orignally, a african american, that was born with the name Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. However when he his name changed his name to Muhammad Ali when he became a Muslim.

Image result for differenceIf I could change my name I would change it too Valerie. Because it's an amazingly common name, that's unique and weird in it's own way. My current name is Zaeeda, and people pronounce and spell it in many different ways. It get's kind of annoying having to correct people all the time, so instead I let the people say it in there own funny way. At least I don't get called my friends names. 
https://www.clarizen.com/goal-vs-objective-difference/

Valerie also has a good meaning. Valerie is a french name that means strength and health. This is a pretty cool meaning for a name if you ask me. I AM STRENGTH! Our names are one of the amazing things that makes each of us special after all.


Activity 3: Worth Her Weight In Gold
For the last activity we were asked to create a travel brochure/pamplet about a country that's important to us. We had to include things like, good sights to see, and traveling tips. This was a fun task and also helped us learn a little more about that country.

The country I choce was Fiji. I chose this country because I have a lot of family over in Fiji. I visit them often and get to see all around Fiji. I been to some of it's best resorts and famous tourist a tractions. Fiji is a hot sunny and tropical country, that has a litte something for everybody.

This concludes the second to last day of my first week doing the summer learnin journey. Learnt heaps and ca't wait to learn more in the weeks to come. Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. Great posts Zaeeda...I really liked the Fiji Islands activity as it had lots of information and certainly made me want to revist. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep your learning up over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zaeeda!

    What lovely slide presentations!

    I think that both Valerie and Zaeeda are beautiful names! I had no idea that Valerie meant 'health and strength' in French.

    Now and again I have thought about what it would be like to visit Fiji. I love how your brochure was so informative.

    Keep up the great work!
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zaeeda,
    I liked how you explained who Serena Williams and her sister Venus are and what they do with lots of detail. I also liked how you included some extra facts about them in the last slide, would you want to become a tennis player like them one day?

    ReplyDelete