Pages

Thursday 5 December 2019

Term 4 Reflection (Extension)

This term in extension we are learnt about UV light, and a man called ray even came in to work with us. We made UV sensors and learnt about the ozone layer and some of the effects of climate change.This didn't relate to our school-wide theme for the term but we still learnt heaps.

We did however visit K.P.M.G in week 3. At K.P.M.G  we learnt all about drama. We rewrote Romeo & Juliet in 5 sentences, we put on a play, and did heaps more. As always we all had a lot of fun and it was very educational. I can't wait to visit them again next year, to learn about more.

We made UV Sensor in extension this was all possible because of ray. UV Sensors detect how powerful the uv rays from the sun are. This allow us to be sun smart, and take precautions. Especially for people in place like New Zealand. Where there is no Ozone layer. With the help of Mr Ray, we have successfully made the sensors that detect the ultra-violet rays from the sun. We even took some UV readings.

I think I did well this term, but I definetly have done better. I did however work very hard in term 1 and 2 and got some good marks then too. I did however learn a lot, even though half the stuff we did, I had already done in robotics. I did however have much more fun learning about UV sensors and lights in extension. In future I would like to, maybe make have a D.L.O but this term has been pretty busy with prize giving and picnic and all these trips.
I enjoyed this term and can't wait to come back in 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment