Pages

Sunday 8 December 2019

SLJ-Teaser-#Day 1

Today is the first day of the summer learning journey teaser. School isn't out yet, but the time is coming soon. We are lucky enough to be able to participate in this years summer learning journey. This teaser is to give a, small taste of what's it's like to be in the summer learning journey. Enjoy!

Task 1 New Zealand Royalty
Our First task was to create a profile page for the famous popstart Lorde. We included facts about her family, age, occupation ect. I had fun with this task, and learnt heaps about Lorde. I am most fascinated by how her talent was discovered.

I do not own the pictures and most information was found on
This Website.







Task 2 Exploring Our Roots
This task required us to make ourselves a pepeha.



Task 3
Our task was too desribe what we imagine the BFG (Big Friendly Giant) looks, smells, sounds like. In the begging I got stuck with this task but I made it in the end.

The BFG was calmly seated at the table in his homely cave, peacefully working away. The little girl Sofie, sat there with her legs crossed watching as The Big Friendly Giant carefully sorted the dreams. Sofie was fastinated as The BFG attentively, recording something on peice of paper. The old fragile creature, meteculiously labeled each bottle. "What are you doing" asked Sofie in a soft tone "Sorting the good dreams, so we can tell which one we are watching" The BFG replyed in a shaky tone. 

1 comment:



  1. Kia Ora Zaeeda, I hope you are having a groovy day!

    My name is Eliza and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Have you done the Summer Learning Journey before? I’m looking forward to reading the blog posts over the next few weeks! If you want to know more about me, you can check out my blog.

    I can see you’ve done quite a few of the Summer Learning Journey Teaser Week activities - ka pai! It's so cool that you got the activities in the end, after getting a bit stuck - that shows your awesome perseverance, a great skill to have :)

    I especially like your Lorde poster! I like how you’ve used both a photo and writing, this makes it more eye-catching and effective. Your facts are interesting too - thanks for sharing those. Did you know that Lorde has a net worth of $12 million dollars! Did you know any of these facts about Lorde, before you researched them?

    I actually went to the same school as Lorde and we lived on the same road for a little while, she is one year younger than me. She is a really nice person and I remember watching that exact talent show that you’ve talked about! She was always very talented at school. Do you have a favourite Lorde song?

    Thank you for blogging and I hope you will keep blogging with us over the summer. On the 16th of December (next Monday) you can start the Week 1 activities.

    Have a good day and keep up the awesome mahi!
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete