Pages

Monday 21 December 2020

Zaeeda-SLJ-Week 1 Day 4

Thursday, December 17, 2020 

Welcome back, to day 4 of the Summer Learning Journey. I'm glad you're here with us as we complete 2 new activities. I had a lot of fun doing these unique and creative tasks, I especially enjoyed the Rise-Up challenge. 

Activity 1: Rise Up
For this task we were asked to compose the chorus of the song. If possible we were also asked to record it. I enjoyed writing this song very much however, I wasn't able to record it due to complications.


Activity 2: Te Reo Maori
This was a bit easy, and I didn't really find it much of a challenge. However it was still fun to do and practicing Te Reo is always important


That concludes day 4 of the summer learning journey. I'm enjoying the Holidays a lot. Keep safe and have a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the song writing challenge!

    I have just noticed that your post appears to cut off mid-sentence. Are you able to post the rest? I would love to see what you have created!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zaeeda,

    I really enjoyed reading your chorus lyrics for the song "Rise up", I thought that your lyrics for the chorus was very meaningful and gives a positive message for people who read it, what inspired you or gave you ideas to create your own lyrics for the chorus?.

    Kind regards, Laolao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ team.

    Thank you for updating the post. I am so impressed with your song lyrics! I think you share a great message - you can be successful without being “the best”. I also like that you share that it’s okay to mess up or make mistakes. I think mistakes are how we learn, but it can be hard to keep that in mind when you make them!

    You are doing such a great job with these activities. Which has been your favourite so far?

    Keep up the great work!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Zaeeda, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Great job on the What Are You Doing Today activity! It is so awesome to see you practicing your te reo Māori! I'm happy to see that you think it is so important to practice too!

    I like that you chose to recreate the slides with a different coloured background and font to make it stand out! Yellow is my favourite colour at the moment, so it definitely caught my eye! It’s cool that you chose toa as your activity! I love going to the shop to get ice blocks during the summer! What do you like to get?

    Looking back at the create section for the task, it includes another component under create - to draw a picture of you and your whānau doing the activity you chose in slide five. It would be awesome if you could complete this part too so I can give you some points for it!

    Here is an example of a cool drawing that Kayla has done: check out slide seven to have a look.

    Ka pai Zaeeda and I look forward to seeing your drawing!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete