Pages

Thursday 10 September 2020

"The Best Day Ever"

 In July my mom had her 40th Birthday. My dad took it upon himself to make sure it was the best birthday ever! It’s almost impossible to make something amazing when it seems like the world is against it.

On the Tuesday of my mum's Birthday we woke up extremely early, the sun wasn’t even up. We got to  work cooking her breakfast. We’d brought the ingredients beforehand. Since I was the only one capable of using the stove without burning down the house I was put incharge of cooking. My little sister Zaria, insisted on being the one to mix the batter for the pancakes but I mixed in all the chunks when she wasn’t looking. Alisha sliced the kiwifruits, apples, strawberries, mangos and bananas for the fruit salad. 

We had just started preparing breakfast when my dad pulled into our driveway with a brand new car. The writing on the windshield read ‘HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY’ so we knew right away what it was for. My dad put the finishing touches on the car while we cooked breakfast.

When I came back inside, the pancake batter was burning on the stove. Alisha was yelling at me, with a bleeding finger and it started to rain. The rain washed off the marker on the windshield and it ruined the outdoor setting we had set up. Everything was falling apart. My dad yelled at us to clean things up and with all the commotion MY MOTHER WOKE UP!

She woke up on her 40th Birthday so see, a completely messed up kitchen. Her eldest daughter's finger cut up. An expensive Mitsubishi CX-5 parked in her driveway and her husband yelling. What an amazing birthday it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment