Pages

Friday 4 December 2020

Term 4 'Art Alive' Art Exhibition


This term the theme was Art Alive. This meant that the whole school, would focus on art as an area of learning. As it's the end of the term and year our whole school put up an art exhibition to share the art
portraying the theme.

Room 4 focused on the artist Vincent Van Gogh. His art style was post-impressionism. His technique included small short brush strokes, different from pointillism. So we re-created his famous starry night painting. It was different from how he did it, but still used the same technique. I found it really tricky, but I think it really, enjoyed it. I also painted 'The Great Wave off Kanagawa' in Vincent Van Gogh's style, and I was really proud of it. Overall I think Vincent Van Gogh is a genius and very patient for having his art style.

My favourite Art was from Team 4. They focused, on doing different kinds of Cultural Patterns. There were Niuean, Fijian, Tongan, Cook-Island and Maori patterns. Each on was different and unique. I enjoyed their descriptions and I learnt that even the colours they used mattered!

I'd like to point out that, Ngatokoa's art in Team 3 had different colours and a silhouette. They created a silhouette art, with blending colours in the background. It was an art interesting art style and the silhouette was very nicely cut out. I loved how he blended the neon colours in the background despite the fact that they were so different and he still managed to blend them together. 

I also vividly remember seeing some beautiful Rangoli Elephants. They were beautifully coloured with patterns. I learnt that these were elephants that Hindu's used, to decorate their home during Diwali. It was very interesting to see how fancy and unique each on was.

Overall, each and every piece art was amazing. The school did a great job. And I for one know that I could definitely improve. I also love how so many of the art styles were inspired by famous artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment