Pages

Monday 14 December 2020

Zaeeda-SLJ- Day 1 Week 1

Monday, December 14, 2020

This year, despite it being the end of my time at Pt England, I am going to take part in the Summer Learning Journey. To keep my learning UP! I'm excited to see what the creators have in store for us this time!

Activity 1: Your Comments Count
Blog Commenting, is a way for us to re-act to some of the amazing work people share with us. During lock-down blog commenting was something we had to do quite regularly because it helped us stay connected. However there are certain things you must remember when, Commenting on Blogs. 

For this task we were asked to craft a well written blog comment. Which we would then leave on someones blog. I enjoyed this task a lot because it's something we continuously practice in our class as well.

Here is my blog comment. I started with a greeting, there was no need for an introduction because, I know this person in real life. I then started by complimenting his work. I then pointed out something specific to post. I related to his work and I also asked 2 questions in order to be helpful. I finished with a formal goodbye and wrote my name.  

Here is a link to Valeli's blog. Check it out

This brings us to the end of day 1. I enjoyed commenting on peoples blogs and will surely continue to do so. I loved how this activity allowed us to practice our cyber-smart skills. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Zaeeda

    My name is Renee and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey Team. Ka pai for leaving such a positive and quality comment on Valeli’s blog. I appreciate how you have taken the time to explain the benefits of commenting because that is really helpful and shows that you have really engaged with the activity.

    In your comment I particularly like how you complimented Valeli on his work and asked him a question about his inspiration and how long it took him to prepare his post. This is a great way to form a connection with another learner and potentially initiate a comment thread. Next time, you could think about including a link to your own blog in your comment so that others who read your comment can check out your excellent blog posts as well. Which Summer Learning Journey activities are you most excited about?

    Remember, when you check out some of the other bloggers’ Summer Learning Journey posts and leave a positive, thoughtful or helpful comment, like you have done for Valeli, you will receive extra points! If you do this, remember to submit a link to your published comment using this form. .

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the excellent mahi - I can’t wait to see your other posts over the summer!

    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Zaeeda,

    I am so thrilled that you will be participating in the SLJ again this year. Your learning will definitely benefit because of this. Keep it up!

    Mrs Stone

    ReplyDelete