Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Cheek Cells

Image result for cheek cellsToday in room 5  for geonomics we looked at cheek cells. This doesn't relate to our term wide theme it's just because we didn't finished the geonomics from last term so we have been continuing it this term.

We examined the cells in our cheek by, collect a sample of the saliva on our our cheek. Then applying a stain that makes it more visible. After staining it we put it under a Microscope and examined it.

I didn't expect it to look like what it did look like but I did wish we could get a closer look at it to see if the cells have the same thing as any normal cell.


But overall I did enjoy this task, I also hope we use the microscope more often and for other things. But next time I want to look at a plant cell or the cell inside fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment