Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Zaeeda - SLJ - Day #1

Hello there Dear Veiwers I am so happy you came to my blog today the first day of the some learning Journey. I am super excited and hope I can win something I have done this twice before but I didn't get 1st 2nd or 3rd so let's try this year!

Activty 1: The Legend Of New Zealand

1. New Zealand is a country it has a moari name that it's Aoteroa this mean the land of the long white cloud. When The Word is broken up it is Aotea is the name of one of the waka/Canoe that the tribe travelled to New Zealand, and roa = long. The common translation is "the land of the long white cloud". But In some traditional stories, Aotearoa was the name of the canoe of the explorer Kupe, and he named the land after it. I think that maybe we should learn more about the  names and more about the stories behind them.

2. Kiwi's are New Zealand's Native Bird does the name remind you of anything maybe a certain fruit I am talking about Kiwi fruit but these Beautiful birds are flightless birds they inhabitat bushes of New Zealand. Sadly an average 27 kiwi are killed every week that about 1,400 kiwi lost every year at this rate the entire kiwi population will be wiped out in one lifetime about a hundred years ago we had millions of kiwi roaming our world. We need to look after our wild life more!


3. New Zealand is part of the pacific rim of fire Mt Ruapehu is it's most active volcanoe it is in the middle of the North Island and I have been to this Mount before it is about and hours ride from Tuapo it is really fun on the mount you can go sking and everthing look like your cookie and cream ice-cream. Another name for Mount Ruapehu is Whakapapa. Check out my blog post about my families trip there!

So these are my facts about the roots of New Zealand!

Activty 2: North and South

I am from Auckland and here is three place I like in Auckland!

Activity 3:  I have been

Leaving a postive footprint is very important. You need to think about how your email,text or post about someone could make them feel and how you would feel if you were them. If you use a picture that doesn't belong to you make sure you say who took it our painted it. You also need to make sure that you are not copying facts of websites and things like that. if you are in a in doubt about an add or something like and email and it's to good to be true is you should ask an adult. if you get something unkind and nasty you should also tell someone responsible about it. So these are my rules to keeping safe online!

So This Is All for today See you Tommorrow

5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Zaeeda,

    My name is Lee and I am one of the blogging commentors from the Summer Learning Journey team. I'd heard that you were doing some amazing blogging so I've come to look and comment. And I must say it's true - this is amazing!

    I love your slide - the harbour bridge is sometimes overlooked as an Auckland landmark, so I am pleased you've included it! I've seen quite a few light shows on the bridge over the years and it's always impressive. Do you know if it gets lit up at Christmas? I haven't checked.

    Additionally I really like how you have mentioned not to copy facts from other websites in your third activity. It's really sensible and it's always better to come up with your own stuff, right?

    I am very impressed with your blog and I will be back to check it again real soon!
    Have a fantastic Christmas
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee

    Thank you for commenting on my blog I don't really know if the light get lit up for christmas but there is a road in the city and they always decorate for christmas it always bright and happy. I go there every year, I am sure you would enjoy it too!

    Yes I am pretty sure that you learn about facts from books and even people in you family. Sometime your teacher might tell you to go on websites but they probably have a good reason for you too!

    I hope you have a merry Christmas too!

    From Zaeeda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean Frankin Road, right! I went there this week! It is amazing place and lots of fun , you're right

    I'll talk to you soon,
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Zaeeda! It's great viewing all your posts. You have made a very good start on the Summer Learning Journey programme. Well done on finding out more about your three fun fact. I really liked the photos that went along with the fact. Good job on always finding out more information about the activities. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. go now

    ReplyDelete