Pages

Monday 24 August 2020

Rata and the Totara Tree


This morning we had a literacy google meet. We at another Maori Myth, called Rata and the Totara tree. It was about a Maori man who was looking for a tree to craft a waka for his village. He wanted to get away from the island as Tangaroa and Tawhirimatea we going to have a war which would destroy the village. Rata found a large Totara tree but forgot to follow to recite a karakia of invocation for Tane Mahuta, this lead many birds and insects to restore the tree to its original state. We had to create a storyboard which I quite enjoyed doing, because it helped me get a good idea of what happened in order. Next we had to break up a portion of a text into word groups, we then had to record ourselves reading it fluently. I had to re-record this last time so I tried extra hard to tell the story well and fluently. Next we had to do word groups, I wasn't sure how many we had to choose and use in sentences but I did two of the ones I found most interesting. We then had to do our create task we could choose 1 out of 2 activities, I decided to try making a movie review as I loved the message the clip on slide 3 explained. Overall I enjoyed this task and like how there we 2 parts to our literacy task, looking forward to doing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment