Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Cross Country

This Monday we had our annual, school cross country. It was really fun and we all tried our best. Our house chants were pretty awesome too. Read on to find out more!

I remember when the bell rang and we all lined up. Walking to our big hard court in front of the field. We sat down at our spots as hundreds of students flooded the hard court. Wearing either red, green, yellow or blue our house colors. Their were many people dressed up and 8-10 students that weren't even from our school!

I didn't realise it but pretty soon it was our turn. We stood in front of the start line and my heart was already beating, On your marks....get set.....go! We all started running at full speed and already people we speeding ahead whilst other were falling behind it was a real thrill. My heart continued to beat really fast but the reason behind it changed pretty quickly.

It wasn't long till I was covered in mostly mud. The field and reserve was quite muddy so we weren't in the best conditions. We didn't mind as this was the whole cross country experience. It's like this every cross country!

I was pretty puffed and the second lap hadn't even started yet. I was only about 3 qauters of the way but when I ran through the gate to my second lap I had a burst of energy. The staff and teachers, that cheered us on made me feel really happy. I imagined walking and skipping down what they called the cat walk and even shot them a pose. After that I sprinted most of the way.

The second lap was pretty much that same along the way I met a friend that's pace was very similar to mine. It was Marie we were joined by more people and pretty soon we were a groups. We finished most of the lap together. It's what we called TEAM WORK!

When we got close to the gate some of us started sprinting and it was suprise. Marie and Mata were left behind it was me and Lepisi spriting for the win at the end. It was a close cut and we ended in a draw. We crossed the finish line together. I was quite amazing!

Finishing the race, I was greeted by my friends but I was to tired to respond. I only grabbed a bottle of water and chugged the whole thing down immediately. Then I talked to my friends and the places we came. Marika came 3rd, Tha-zin came 4th and I came somewhere between 10th-15th. 

When we had finsihed me and Tha-zin waited and cheered on Jedida and Rozaidah as they finsihed the race. I was so happy and proud of them.  We all bunched up and had ton of talking to do about the race and whose coming first and what not. I was so sad when it was over but I was also happy, because I participated. I was really really TIRED after that I couldn't feel my legs and I still can't.

Moral of the story, their really isn't one but if I  had to make one up. TRY YOUR BEST! like I did in the 2019 Pt England School CROSS COUNTRY!

2 comments:

  1. hi zaeeda i like your long story about our cross- country and it so good and don't make your blog in good thing but not bad thing coming up on your blog and it really make me happy but im am really happy well done with thing on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zaeeda. My goodness I could almost feel your effort while reading your blog. Ka pai on an awesome run and great to see you working as a team. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete